Busy Break, But Now It's Back To Work!

Hello friends! It's been way too long...

I've been wanting to update my blogs (
Psychology of Crime included... I've been working on two entries that still haven't finished yet!), but I just haven't had the time. Over break I visited family in New York, took a trip to Washington DC, and had the chance to tour the Chicago Tribune and WGN-TV. In Washington DC, I spent the day at the Newseum and absolutely loved it! It's definitely a journalist's haven. I hope to post pictures soon of the tours in Chicago and the Newseum!

Currently I've been busy with KOMU and Newsy.com. Last week I had a weather liveshot which is always a blast. Missouri was hit hard with 8 inches of snow and a few days later when I was scheduled to report, we were expecting another inch.
Click here to read "More Snow Expected Around Rush Hour" on KOMU.com or watch below!




I also had a liveshot for the morning show a few days later. The UM System Board of Curators is planning to raise tuition for next year's students. Click here to read
"UM System Board Of Curators Decide Tuition Increase Fate Friday" on KOMU.com or watch the video below.



I also started working at Newsy.com last week. As I explained on my
website, Newsy is a "multi-source online video news site that monitors, analyzes, and presents the world's news coverage." As a reporter for Newsy I am expected to research and dissect a news story from a variety of news outlets. I pull sources from many platforms including print and broadcast. From there I use these stories to write a well thought out piece on how the media is portraying this story in different ways. Essentially I'm sharing how the media feels about a story. This story is shared on multiple multimedia platforms such as the iPad, iPhone, and iTouch through the Newsy application. While writing the story I must also grab the multimedia to put together the story. This includes pictures and video for the broadcast story. This requires me to use programs such as Snapz, Shadowtv, and Photoshop. Finally I am required to input the story into a content management system.

My first story was about how the number of law enforcement deaths have been rising. Click here to read "
Two Florida Officers Killed In Gunfire" or watch the video below!




I also wrote another story yesterday. A New York State Senator is pushing to pass a ban on pedestrians using electronic device while crossing streets in New York. He first tried to pass the ban in 2007, but the bill was shot down. You may have seen the video that stirred up the conversation once again...
It's the video of the lady in Pennsylvania falling into a mall fountain while texting. Click here to read "New York Considering Fines For Distracted Pedestrians" or watch my story below!



Thanks for reading, watching, and clicking! Until next time, ciao!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Tara Grimes
Web Statistics